Constituency: Marovo, Western Province
National Parliament of Solomon Islands
P.O. Box G19
Phone: 677 28520
Fax: 677 24272
- Elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for Marovo Constituency in 7 August 1997. Re-elected in 5 December 2001, 5 April 2006 and 4 August 2010. Re-elected on 19 November 2014 Currently serving 5th term in Parliament
- United Democratic Party
- Chairman of Public Expenditure Committee from 17th November 2017 to date.
- Member, Foreign Relations Committee from May 2006 to 21 December 2007.
- Member, Constitution Review Committee from 13 July 2007 to 21st December 2007.
- Minister for Fisheries and Marine Resources from 13th October 2017 to 28th October 2017.
- Minister for Finance and Treasury from 22 December 2014 to 13th October 2017.
- Minister of Planning and Aid Co-ordination from 27th August 2010 to 22nd October 2012.
- Minister for Finance and Treasury from 21 December 2007 to 22nd April 2010
- Prime Minister from 18th April 2006 to 4th May 2006
- Deputy Prime Minister from 17th December 2001 to 4th April 2006
- Minister for Education and Human Resources Development from 28th July 2003 to 4th April 2006
- Minister for Finance and Treasury from 10th December 2002 to 28th July 2003
- Minister for Planning and Aid Co-Ordination from 17th December 2001 to 10th December 2002
- Minister of Finance and Treasury from July 2000 to December 2001
- Chairman, Solomon Islands National Provident Fund from 1990 to 1996
- Board Member, Central Bank of Solomon Islands from 1990 to 1996
- Board Member, Solomon Islands Electricity Authority from 1988 to 1989
- Board Member, Solomon Islands National Provident Fund from 1976 to 1986
- Board Member, Solomon Islands Ports Authority from 1982 to 1984
- Board Member, Central Bank of Solomon Islands from 1982 to 1984
- Board Member, Development Bank of Solomon Islands from 1976 to 1984
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Attended University of Technology, Lae, Papua New Guinea from 1972 to 1974
- Attended University of Papua New Guinea in 1971
- Attended Kambubu High School (Papua New Guinea) in 1970
- Attended Betikama Secondary School in 1967 to 1969
- Attended Kukudu Primary School from 1964 to 1966
Occupation before entering Parliament
- Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries from January 1997 to June 1997
- Permanent Secretary for Ministry of National Planning and Development from 1994 to 1995
- Permanent Secretary for Ministry of Natural resources in 1989
- Financial Controller, Brewer Solomons Agriculture Ltd. from 1975 to 1980
Conferences, Delegations and Visits
- Attended many international and regional conferences and seminars abroad and locally relating to government, private, NGOs and political issues
- Date of birth: 27 July 1948
- Village/ Home Island: Telina, Marovo Lagoon, Western Province