Constituency: East Makira, Makira Ulawa Province
National Parliament Office P.O. Box G19 Honiara Solomon Islands. Phone: +677 28520 Fax: +677 24272
- Elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for East Makira Constituency on 24 October 1984. Re-elected on 28 February 1989, 26 May 1993, 6 August 1997, 5 December 2001 and 5 April 2006.
Parliamentary Committee Appointments
- Chair, Parliamentary House Committee from 15 January 2008 to present
- Member, Constitution Review Committee from 10 May 2006 to present
- Minister for Foreign Affairs in 1996
- Minister for National Planning and Development from 1994 to 1996
- Attended a Post Graduate Course at Oxford University, UK
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of the South Pacific (USP)
- King George VI School
- Government Primary School Honiara
Occupation before entering Parliament
- Joined Levers Pacific Plantation, Yandina as Trainee Manager and then resigned.
- Public Service as an officer in the Foreign Affairs Department.
- Transferred to Makira Province as Planning Officer and promoted to Provincial Secretary
Conferences, Delegations, Visits
- Attended many international and regional conferences and seminars abroad and locally relating to government, private, NGOs and political issues
- Year of birth: 1948
- Village/ Home Island: Star Harbour, Makira