Ministry of Finance and Treasury
P.O. Box G26 Honiara Solomon Islands. Phone: +677 22556/22557 Fax: +677 27855
- Elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for East Choiseul Constituency on 6th August 1997. Re-elected 5th December 2001, 5th April 2006.
- Re-elected to the National Parliament on 4th August 2010
- Re-elected to the National Parliament on 19th November 2014
- Minister of Finance and Treasury and Deputy Prime Minister from 16th November 2017 to date.
- Prime Minister from 9th December 2014 to 6th November 2017.
- Chairman of Bills and Legislation Committee from 28th September 2010 to 8th September 2014
- Member, Education and Human Resources Training Committee from 21 June 2011 to 8th September 2014
- Member of Constitution Review Committee from 16th December 2010 to 8th September 2014
- Member, Bills and Legislation Committee in 2002 and from 2005 to April 2006.
Previous Ministerial Appointments
- Leader of Opposition from 20th December 2007 to 24th April 2010
- Prime Minister from 4th May 2006 to 20th December 2007
- Minister for Commerce, Industries and Employment from April 23rd 2006 to 3rd May 2006
- Prime Minister from 30th June 2000 to 5th December 2001
- Leader of Opposition from February 2000 to June 2000
- Minister for Finance and Treasury from 29th August 1997 to 1998
- Certificate in Business Studies
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting, Management, Economics
- Masters in Management Studies (pursuing)
Occupation before entering Parliament
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance from February 1994 to October 1996
- Commissioner of Inland Revenue
- Director of Central Bank of Solomon Islands
- Chairman of Solomon Islands National Provident Fund
- First Class Magistrate
Conferences, Delegations, Visits
- Australian Development Bank Plenary Sessions in Auckland, 1994
- Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrator, 1984 and 1991
- Pacific Islands Economic Summit, Madrid, Spain
- International Monetary Fund/ World Bank Joint meeting, Madrid, Spain