Constituency: Temotu Nende, Temotu Province
P.O. Box G19
Phone: +677 28520
Fax: +677 24272
Current Speaker of the 11th Parliament
- Elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for Temotu Nende Constituency on 6 August 1997. Re-elected on 5 December 2001, 5 April 2006.
- Deputy Speaker of National Parliament from February 2005 to December 2005.
Parliamentary Committee Appointments
- Chair, Public Accounts Committee in 2002
- Member, Public Accounts Committee from 2000 to 2001
- Deputy Prime Minister from November to 21 December 2007
- Minister for Foreign Affairs from May 2006 to 22 December 2007
- Minister for Communication, Aviation & Meteorology from January 2004 to February 2005
- Leader of the Opposition Group in Parliament from December 2001 to May 2003.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs from August 1997 to June 2000.
- Obtained Bachelors Degree (Arts)majoring in History/Politics and Public Administration at the University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji from 1978 to 1982
- Obtained Cambridge Secondary School Certificate at King George Sixth School from 1972 to 1977
Occupation before entering Parliament
- Special Secretary to Leader of Opposition from 1995 to 1997
- Political Analyst with Hilly Government in 1994
- Provincial Secretary for the Ministry of Provincial Government from 1991 to 1993
- Desk Officer - Ministry of Foreign Affairs, from 1983 to 1990.
Short term - Job Attachment and Training
- Foreign Service at United Nationa (Diplomatic) Training, Australia in 1984
- ESCAP, Bangkok in 1986
- JICA training, Tokyo in 1987
- Fletcher School, Boston, USA in 1989
Conferences, Delegations and Visits
- ACP/EEC Meetings from 1983 to 1990.
- Forum Meetings from 1983 to 1989