Constituency: North New Georgia, Western Province
Deputy Speaker of Parliament
National Parliament of Solomon Islands P.O. Box G19 Honiara Solomon Islands. Phone: +677 23424/28520 Fax: +677 24272
- Elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for North New Georgia Constituency on 24 October 1984. Re-elected on 28 February 1989, 26 May 1993, 6 August 1997, 5 December 2001 and 5 April 2006 and 4th August 2010
- Elected as Deputy Speaker of Parliament on 5th December 2011 to 8th September 2014
- Member,Health and Medical Services Committee from 21 June 2011 to 8th September 2014
- Member, Parliamentary House Committee from 10 September 2010 to 8th September 2014
- of Public Accounts Committee from 10th September 2010 to 5th December 2011
- Chair, Special Select Committee on Parliamentary Privileges, Immunities and Powers from September 2007.
- Chair, Parliamentary House Committee from 2001 to 2006.
- Minister for Education and Human Resources Development from 21 December 2007 to 16th September 2008
- Minister for Forestry, Environment and Conservation and Deputy Prime Minister from April 2006 to 19 December 2006.
- University of Papua New Guinea.
- University of the South Pacific
- King George VI School
- Honiara Primary School
Occupation before entering Parliament
- Premier of the Western Provincial Assembly from 1983 to 1987.
- Elected to Provincial Assembly for Kusaghe Ward in the West Province in 1982.
- A former teacher at St. Joseph’s Tenaru Secondary School, Goldie College and Tangarare Provincial Secondary School and later at Kokegolo Primary School, Munda.
Conferences, Delegations, Visits
- Attended Parliamentary Retreat in Canberra in 2001
- Attended the South East Asia Economic Summit in 1994
- Attended Commonwealth Parliamentary Association conference held in the United Kingdom in 1987
- Attended Commonwealth Parliamentary Association conference held at Channel Island, UK in 1986
- Attended Australasia Commonwealth Parliamentary Association conference at Vanuatu in 1985
- Date of birth: 18 July 1951
- Village/ Home Island: Kolobagea Village, New Georgia Island, Western Province